Scholarship recipients entering the LL.M. program pay the reduced amount of 7000 rubles per credit (This is approximately a 2/3 scholarship. Thus, the approximate tuition per semester is 35,000-42,000 rubles, assuming 5-6 credits per semester, and for the whole LL.M. program is 252,000 rubles paid over 2-3 years.) For reference, LL.M. students who do not have any scholarship pay 702,000 rubles for the whole LL.M. program.
The scholarship is competitive, meaning scholarship recipients must keep pace with their studies and obtain high grades.† The scholarship will end if the student fails to maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0/4 after the first 10 credits of courses.† Students should be aware that only approximately 20% of Pericles students are able to maintain a 3.0 GPA.† Thus, we expect that some percentage of students on this scholarship program will lose their scholarships after the first 10 credits.†† So, the downside is that a student could lose the scholarship; but the upside is that the student receiving a Competitive New Graduate Scholarship will at least receive the first 10 credits of classes at a considerable discount.† †(Scholarship winners will have saved 195,000 rubles even if they lose the scholarship after the first year.)
Students on this program cannot take credit/no credit courses during the first ten credits of the program, they cannot take leaves of absence during any part of the program, and they must take at least 5 credits per semester.† Doing any of these things will end their scholarships.Students on this program pay a minimum of 9000 rubles per course, meaning that even if taking a one credit course the cost is 9000, not the lower/per-credit amount.
How to Apply ?
1. Open an account at www.pericles.ru/apply
2. In your account click the С Apply for our LL.M. Program
Т link and answer 'Yes' to the question: 'Are you applying for Pericles LL.M. Scholarship Program?' in the Pericles LL.M. Application form. Fill it in by the Deadline date.
3. To apply answer 'Yes' to the question: 'Are you applying for Pericles LL.M. Leading Scholarship Program?' in the Pericles LL.M. Application form. Fill it in by theDeadline date (Usually at the beginning of December for Spring applicants and at the middle of April and July for Fall applicants). Before applying online be ready to submit electronic scans of the following documents:
- An essay, in English, explaining why you think you should receive the scholarship, and what highlights about your background you believe make you a good candidate to be awarded a scholarship. Essays of approximately 500-700 words are preferred, with an outside limit of 1000 words. Please write essay in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- A digital photograph (.jpg or .tif format), frontal picture on a light colored background.
- A scanned copy of your transcript (grade report) or most recent student book.